Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to the daily grind...or not.

I arrived back in Southern California last night around midnight. After a relatively emotionally trying night, I was ready more than ready to be greeted by the warm embrace that my close friends held for me. There is something so peaceful and comforting about the hug of a friend who truly cares about you and missed you dearly. Although I was tired, I stayed up late to talk to friends before eventually collapsing in shear exhaustion. Every once of energy had been drained from me. My body was soon engulfed by the deepest and quietest sleep I had experienced all break.

Surprisingly, I awoke early the next morning without the aid of my alarm clock. The sweet promise of the warm breeze, that awaited me beyond my front door, was all but more than I needed to encourage me to emerge from the soft sanctuary that was my bed. I stepped out of my apartment to find that my FATHER had granted all my wishes for the day.

(More to come....maybe)

No comments: